Pistachios are one of the tastiest and yummy nuts that are best appropriate for our health, especially when we know that they are one of the healthiest preferences for our health among all the category of nuts. Pistachios exist to the cashew family, and these nuts expand on small, bushy deciduous trees. Actually pistachio is a fruit, but the the outer shell of the fruit is detached and the yellow coloured seed kernel is usually eaten as it is tasty. Pistachios are widely used in the preparation of delicacies and desserts since ages so that along with the taste you also increase health. They are a nutrient powerhouse, full of vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients. Along with all these minerals you can also rely on pistachios for proteins, fiber and carbohydrates. Here are the best of the health benefits that you can realize from these nuts:
- Prevents Diabetes: Pistachios can be more effective than your medication for a number of people suffering from Diabetes Type 2. What happens in such cases of diabetes is that body develops a resistance against insulin, and in the absence of insulin the sugar present in body is not used up by the body, it starts accumulating which results in increased levels of blood sugar. Pistachios can deliver enough phosphorus required for normalizing of sugar levels.
- Weight Loss: Weight management seems very difficult when you are on dieting for long and you feel bored of eating the same tasteless boring veggies without any edibles. In such cases pistachios can be your tasty alternative in weight loss program. Pistachios can help you lose weight fast and get rid of that stubborn belly and fulfilling the requirement of body for energy and growth.
- Good for Eyes: pistachios are full of nutrients required for optimum health of eyes and hence are a well-known nut to keep age related problems of eyes at bay. Pistachio being a good source of antioxidants, specially carotenoids, zeaxanthin and lutein can help keep these age related problems away and protect eyes from any kind of damage by keeping bones around it health.
- Healthy Skin: Pistachios can help you get a healthy skin. Pistachios helps clear off scars, and destroys skin cells. Pistachios can help fight wrinkles by repairing the dead skin cells and selenium can help the process of repair by protecting from the damage caused by free radicals. Pistachios can help you get the healthy skin you have always dream of, thus keep eating pistachios on regular basis, but in moderate quantity.
- Immune System: The best way to sustain a healthy immune system is through adequate intake of vitamin B6 that is found abundantly in pistachio nuts. Deficiency of vitamin B6 leads to slowed down immune function that leads to decreased white blood cell response and shrinkage of the thymus – the critical immune system organ. Vitamin B6 found in pistachios enhances the production of red blood cells and improves the functions of the lymph glands such as the thymus.
- Good during Pregnancy: Pistachios can be one of the best food items for pregnant ladies. Pistachios are a good source of proteins, and proteins are much required during pregnancy for the growth of unborn baby as well as to take care of the to-be-mum by strengthening the muscles, so that delivery is less painful. Omega 3 fatty acids found in pistachios help the development of unborn baby which is critical during the last few months of pregnancy.
- Nervous System: Vitamin B6 found in pistachios has a wide range of benefits for the nervous system. The messaging molecules amines need amino acids for developing, which in turn require vitamin B6 for their creation. Proper transfer of impulses through the nervous system is maintained by the insulating sheath, known as myelin present around nerve ﬁbers.
So, enjoy a handful of these healthy nuts the next time you tough hungry and assemble on the health benefitting nutrients that support in keeping away chronic diseases and promotes weight loss. Moreover, excess of everything is bad, so eat moderate and keep enjoying the wonderful benefits of pistachios.…